Wednesday, July 22, 2015

His ways are higher than mine

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9

From the recent events in the past two weeks, from life, work and play, I have been firmly yet gently reminded by God that His ways are indeed higher than mine. Every time I think I have gotten control of something, I realise that I actually don't have it. Instead, through that apparent loss of control, I realise that it is God who always had, still has and will have full control.

Well, I haven’t gotten to the end of the tunnel. I don’t know where I am in the tunnel. I haven’t seen the full picture, not even a blurred image, but a whole messy mix of colours. I still don’t know which steps to take and in which direction.

I have felt fear. In part, I mean literally the ohmygoshiamgonnadieeee kind of fear. And uncertainty about the great unknown.

And still know that IT'S OKAY.

Anyway, I don't know When things will happen or What will happen, but I know Who makes it happen. I know that I only have to trust, obey and wait on the faithful One.

No comments: