Monday, April 03, 2017

What if the answer is "no"?

When we consider the possibility that what God wants for us may not be what we want for ourselves, what is our response? Am I able to declare that He is good and that what He wants for me is good? That is the ‘correct’ response, though most often realised on hindsight.

For now, I struggle and I fight back. I stomp my feet and I turn away in denial. I am unable to fully appreciate that this path on which He wants me to walk is good.

But by His grace, I can somewhat sense something bigger unfolding through all these experiences. I think perhaps He has greater plans for me than the one I have in mind. Or, I know He has greater plans but am too selfish to submit.

I don’t know if the answer is “wait” or “no”. I pray that if it turns out to be “no”, my heart will be ready to give thanks and sing praises to the Lord, the good and sovereign Lord.

No comments: