Tuesday, December 04, 2012

The Nightmare Before Wedding


One night, I had a nightmare, as I often do, about being disastrously unprepared. Like, needing to leave for a flight RIGHT NOW but having packed NOTHING. Or, needing to attend a formal dinner RIGHT NOW, but have not started preparing AT ALL. (In fact, I was near-disastrously unprepared for my holiday, so that's an almost real nightmare...)

So, that night, I dreamt about being totally unprepared for our wedding. It was the afternoon of the actual day, and because we were so crazily unprepared, we totally didn’t have the wedding in the morning! I remember saying, in my dream, something like, Oh well, we missed the chance in the morning to be married, guess we’ll have to do it in the evening. (Whhhuutt!)

Apparently, all we managed to do was to book the dinner venue (which, in reality, is the most progress we've made thus far). But because we were otherwise so crazily unprepared, I didn’t even hire a professional make-up artist or rent a dress/gown. So I was panicking and scurrying to do my make-up and find something to wear and attend my own wedding dinner in few hours!

Sigh. I do feel like it’s a nightmare that might come true. 

I guess that’s Subconscious Me telling Conscious Us to get down and DO SOMETHING ALREADY!

No comments: